Elite Player Development Centre
Changes to Norwich City Youth Development Programme
Since Norwich City Football Club achieved Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) Category One status, the Player Development Centre (PDC) programme has undergone an extensive review.
The review has seen the introduction of an Elite PDC, to be positioned between the Academy and the current PDC on the player pathway, allowing players to spend more time training together.
Elite PDC players will still be expected to compete for their local teams; it remains a key principal that our programmes are there to enhance players’ potential while complimenting their club football.
Please see an outline of the changes, below:
Elite Player Development Centre - Norfolk
• Beginning in September 2013 for U9s – U16s
• U9-U12 age groups;
• U13-U16 age groups; selection based on open trial (technical practice and 11v11 games)
• Train once a week at a central Norwich venue
• Minimum of 10 games per season
• Half term-coaching experiences with PDC players
Player Development Centres
• Continue to operate in six local key areas; Norwich, Cromer, Lowestoft, Gorleston, Wymondham and Dereham.
• Weekly training sessions and half term-coaching experiences
• Additional three PDC hub venues (East, West & Central) for U13 –U16 age groups
• Potential to be selected for representative matches
• Split into two main programmes
• Weekly coaching for U7 – U16
• EPDC GKs will receive additional specific coaching on same training night as their respective squads
If you would like further information on the changes to the Player Development Centre programme, please contact us on 01603 761122 or by email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Story added: 25 Apr 2013